Sweet Heather Anne is a custom cake boutique in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our desserts are hand-crafted with local ingredients and an artistic eye. We specialize in sculptural event cakes, unique buttercream cakes, and small bites to accompany them. We are seeking a baking intern for the beginning of the 2019 Wedding Season. This intern will work closely with Heather and our head baker to execute our weekly dessert orders. While baking experience is a plus, this position is great for anyone who is eager to work hard and learn the basics of baking in a professional bakery.
- Scaling Ingredients
- Mixing and Baking Cakes
- Unmolding and Wrapping Cakes
- Making Buttercream, Curds, Jams, Caramel, and other Fillings
- Making Macarons, Cookies, and other Mini Desserts
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Team mentality
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for food
- Attention to detail
IDEAL PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Home Baking
- Restaurant Work (in any position)
- Internship Duration: May 7 – August 7
- Tuesday and Wednesday availability necessary
- 15 hours per week
- This is an unpaid position
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, April 20.
Please label your email “Baking Internship.